Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Once Upon a Read-A-Thon - Mini Challenge 5

Once Upon A Read-A-Thon


The second challenge for today is hosted by Confessions of a Bookaholic. Here's what she had to say:

In a comment:

1. Tell me what makes you the most emotional when you read it in a book.
It doesn't have to be only negative emotions. Examples: a character never telling a secret, a stubborn character, when they never tell someone how they really feel, a book dealing with loss or death, a book that really had a romance that kept you on the edge of your seat and blushing the entire time, etc.

2. Leave a comment telling me what book has made you the most emotional.
Was there ever a book that had you screaming at the characters or running for some tissues? Or, one that had you so full of emotion you just had to sit it down for a while.Tell us the name of the book, author, and why it made you so emotional. (No spoilers please).

3. Please add your email address to the comment so I can contact you if you win.


Another thought-provoking challenge.

What makes me the most emotional when reading? Rape. I hate reading about it. It makes me feel angry and sad and scared. I recently read Push by Sapphire. It practically made my eyes bleed from the negative emotions caused by the constant rape and abuse. Sure, it's a powerful novel and a wonderful story of how a victim can overcome what done to her. But it's very explicit.

What book has made me the most emotional? Ah, tough one. HP and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling, of course... The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer... A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith. All 3 of these novels (well, 2 novels and a novella) have made me feel a plethora of emotions, including anger, sadness, and happiness.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails