Thursday, June 2, 2011

Book Review: Linger


Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past . . . and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack. And Isabelle, who already lost her brother to the wolves . . . and is nonetheless drawn to Cole.

At turns harrowing and euphoric, Linger is a spellbinding love story that explores both sides of love -- the light and the dark, the warm and the cold -- in a way you will never forget. [Source]


After my exhilarating experience reading Shiver (click here for my review), I was *slightly* disappointed by Linger. It didn't flow as easily as Shiver, and one of the new characters (Cole) really irked me. Also, having the point of view of 2 additional characters made it a bit more confusing.

Sam was just as sweet and honest and lovable, while Grace seemed much more mature and independent. She also seemed to be slightly more reckless. Isabel is my new favorite secondary female character; that chick is strong-willed and ferocious. Rawr. As for Cole, the reason he irked me is because I can't stand guys who act like the world revolves around them. Dude, show some sensitivity.

I was devastated when Grace escaped, but I understand why she had to, and why Sam had to be the bad guy in her parents' eyes. It doesn't matter to them how he acts or what he does. It matters what their daughter does. The ending, with Sam's wish and his fierce, quiet determination, had me swooning. Just like with the end of Shiver, when I couldn't wait to read Linger, I now can't wait to read Forever!

Rating:



I won a free ARC of this novel in a giveaway.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails